Welcome to iSpellWell Online. Now you can try iSpellWell online. First, lets
make sure you that your computer is configured to display the Microsoft
Agent characters that will give you spelling tests.
Here's what you'll need to use iSpellWell:
- Windows® 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0 (x86), Windows
2000 or Windows XP operating system
- Internet Explorer version 5.0 or later
- A Pentium 100 MHz PC (or faster)
- At least 16 MB of RAM
- At least 661K free disk space for the Microsoft Agent components,
3.1 MB for Peedy and an additional 1.34 MB for the L&H
TruVoice Text-To-Speech engine
- Windows XP users may also need to install the SAPI
- A Windows-compatible sound card
- A compatible set of speakers
Enter your name below, click the Test button below and proceed to
If Merlin appeared and spoke to you, your computer is configured properly
to use iSpellWell Online.
If you did not see and/or hear the Microsoft
Agent character speaking to you then additional configuration is necessary
for your browser to work with Microsoft
- First, Download
and install the Microsoft Agent core components (395 KB exe).
- Second, Download
and install the Lernout & Hauspie TrueVoice Text-to-Speech Engine.
- Third, Download
and install the Merlin Microsoft Agent Character.
- Fourth, Install
the SAPI 4.0 runtime support below if you are using the Windows XP with
Now, restart your computer.
Finally, return to Step 2 and click the Test Button again. If you still do
not hear and see the Merlin Microsoft Agent, visit this trouble
Proceed to the sample lessons by clicking HERE.